Time is Money

 Recently I have been testing load times between loading Destiny 2 on Google Stadia and Locally on my PC. As we all know, time is money, and more time waiting for something to load can deter you from using whatever it is. Imagine if it took one whole minute to start your car every day, then one day you buy a new car, and it starts immediately. We know very well that you would never go back to any vehicle that doesn't start immediately. Well, I ran my test, and on average, loading Destiny 2 on my PC took 1:51 mins to load the game and get to the homepage. While loading Destiny 2 on Google Stadia, it only took 56 seconds to load to the same homepage. That's a difference of 55 seconds, that very close to a whole minute waiting, and if you played every day for a month, you are looking at roughly 28min of time waiting. This information indicates that loading games from the cloud can cut downtime. I would like to start testing load times for other games




Comments

Popular Posts